Saturday, October 01, 2005

Episode 28: Conservation

Listen
Subscribe

Conserving natural resources has been a big issue all my life. I was a kid during the “oil crisis“ of the 1970s, and now I have my own kid in the “oil crisis” of the early 21st century. Oil, water, trees--we’re told to conserve them all! Recently, President Bush has asked us to “maybe not drive... on a trip that’s not essential...” The question the President didn’t answer was, “How do we know what’s essential?” After all, I work every day--isn’t driving to work essential? Or should I carpool? Or take the bus? How do I know? The answer is that the price of gas tells me what to do! An excellent book offers some perspective on the subject. It’s entitled The Doomsday Myth: 10,000 Years of Economic Crises.

Listen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home